Times-Herald wins 6 advertising awards
The Newnan Times-Herald received six top awards in the 2014 Better Newspaper Advertising Contest held by the Georgia Press Association.
The awards were received by Times-Herald Sales and Marketing Director Colleen D. Mitchell at the recent 2014 Advertising Conference at Lake Blackshear Resort near Cordele. An awards banquet was held as part of the annual conference for newspaper advertising managers and representatives, which included various instructional classes and sharing of ideas.
The Times-Herald competed in Division B for medium-sized daily newspapers with circulation from 8,000 up to 29,000 readers.
The newspaper received five first-place awards and one second-place award in categories including:
• First place, Small Page Ad, for a piano lessons advertisement for Linda Mendenhall – coordinated by Times-Herald multimedia sales specialist Candy Johnson and designed by graphics designer Sandy Hiser.
• First place, Online Banner Ad, for Main Street Newnan – coordinated by Times-Herald multimedia sales specialist Norma Kelley and designed by graphics designer Sonya Studt.
• First place, Apparel, Jewelry & Accessories, for R. DuBose Jewelers – coordinated by Norma Kelley and designed by Sandy Hiser.
• First place, Home Furnishings & Appliances, for Paradise Granite & Cabinets – coordinated by Candy Johnson and designed by Sandy Hiser.
• First place, Food, for Nezian Fest 2013 – Coordinated by Norma Kelley and designed by Sonya Studt.
• Second place, Newspaper Promotion Out of Print, for One Gift Fits All – designed by Sandy Hiser.