Ward seeks re-election to Coweta school board

by Celia Shortt

Newnan attorney Graylin Ward is running for re-election to the post for District 4 of the Coweta County Board of Education.

Ward grew up in Coweta County and has been on the school board for six years. He and his four children attended school in the county. He and his wife, Lynette, have been married for more than 20 years.

“I believe in the district, in the community,” he said. “Since I’ve been involved, it’s been an exciting adventure and rewarding process.”

Ward said his “greatest enjoyment is serving the community,” and one way he gives back to the community is by serving on the school board.

On the school board, he said he works for the “common good for the people in the community.”

Ward is a longtime local attorney with an office on East Broad Street in Newnan. In addition to school board, he is involved in various church and community activities, as well as being a member of Newnan’s Downtown Development Authority.



More Local

Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. Th ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan- ... Read More


Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The al ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More