‘Screen on the Green’ event postponed due to weather

Due to the strong likelihood of inclement weather, and at the recommendation of Southern Outdoor Cinema, Main Street Newnan’s planned First Friday event “Screen on the Green” has been postponed until next month.

The outdoor event had been planned for this Friday evening in First Avenue Park just south of the downtown business district.

The National Weather Service has issued a severe weather notification for Coweta County between 2 and 8 p.m. Friday evening and there is an increased potential for strong damaging winds and rain, said Newnan Business Development Director Hasco Craver IV, who also oversees the Main Street program.

“Main Street Newnan, in its continual effort to provide high quality and safe promotional events, has rescheduled the First Friday ‘Screen on the Green’ event for Friday, May 2,” he said. “We will be showing Disney’s ‘Frozen’ on an oversized inflatable screen in First Avenue Park. The event will be free to the public.”

Visit www.mainstreetnewnan.com for more information regarding Main Street Newnan events.



More Local

Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The alt ... Read More


Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. The ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan-C ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More