haunted house, skate park, alcohol on agenda
by Sarah Fay Campbell
A decision regarding year-round operation and extended hours of 13 Stories Haunted House, located in the old Playtex facility on Temple Ave., is on the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting, held in the county commission chambers on Perry Street, will begin at 6 p.m.
A public hearing on the request was held Feb. 18. The vote was delayed until Tuesday because of the absence of Fifth District Commissioner Al Smith.
Other items to come before the board include:
• A request from Stephen Porello to address the board regarding building an outdoor skate park in Coweta.
• Approval of the Coweta County Joint Comprehensive Transportation Plan update.
• Execution of a proposed amendment to the alcohol ordinance.
• A request to purchase additional equipment for treating roads during snow/ice events.
• A public hearing on a proposed amendment to the zoning ordinance regarding nonconforming uses.
Currently, if a non-conforming business closes or the property is otherwise not being used, the right to re-establish the same use on the property expires after one year. Because of the downturn in the economy, the amendment proposes to extend that to five years.
• An update from Atlanta Gas Light regarding a project along the Newnan Bypass Pipeline.