Coweta schools closed today
by Celia Shortt
Coweta County School System will remain closed today because of hazardous road conditions throughout the county, officials said.
This closing is the Coweta system’s fourth consecutive snow day this week.
These hazardous conditions have caused other closings throughout Coweta this week.
With the weather conditions improving, here is a list of what will be open today:
• The Coweta Public Library System will resume regular hours of operation. They will open at 9 a.m. and close at 6 p.m.
• Coweta County offices will reopen for normal hours of operation. Employees are asked to arrive when they feel it is safe. If any employee feels conditions do not allow them to report, they are asked to contact their department head/supervisor.
• Newnan city offices, including City Hall, are open today.
• The University of West Georgia will reopen for classes and all business. Staff is asked to report at their normal shift time.
• Grantville city offices will be open.
• Waste Industries is set to resume regular trash service operations in Newnan today.