Chairman selection on agenda for meeting
by Sarah Fay Campbell
Approval of a proposal governing the use of Coweta County's new early warning weather sirens is on the agenda for Tuesday night's meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. in the county commission chambers on Perry Street in downtown Newnan.
Other items on the agenda include:
• First of the year business, including appointment of the chairman, vice chairman, clerk and deputy clerk, setting of meeting times and dates for the next year, approval of rules governing meetings and chairman's appointments for the year.
• A discussion of the dimensional requirements for residential districts in the county's Zoning and Development Ordinance.
The dimensional requirements table includes minimum lot size, building site size, minimum road frontage, setbacks, minimum square footage, total impervious surface, and maximum structure height. There is no indication in the agenda of which dimensions the commission will be discussing.
• Introduction of the Coweta CERT Team 4.
• Confirming execution of an engagement letter for security consulting and design.
• Approval of temporary road closures for Norfolk Southern railroad crossing repairs.
• Approval of a group pension plan amendment.