Newnan Council to vote on 15 alcohol licenses
by Celia Shortt
Newnan City Council will hold 15 different public hearings at its regular meeting on Tuesday to decide on alcohol licenses.
Of the 15 potential licenses, one is for a new business — Rednexican on East Court Square. Another is for McRitchie-Hollis Furnishings Museum in order to allow them to be a permitted location for special events at which alcoholic beverages can be served.
Nine of the charges relate to personnel changes. Locations for those personnel changes include: Target, Publix on Lower Fayetteville Road, Publix on Bullsboro Drive, Pizza Hut on Jefferson Street, Red Robin, Olive Garden, Rock Back Pizza, La Parilla Mexican Restaurant and Taco Mac.
Three of the potential licenses are because of new ownership — Diyasimran Corp. D/B/A Temple 100 (Chirag M. Patel) on Temple Avenue, Shukhad Inc. D/B/A One Stop (Arvindbhai Patel) on Greenville Street and Veracruz De Noche (Lisa Marie Vargas on Spence Avenue.
The last is for the new location of The Cellar at 20 Jefferson St.
The council will also vote on a change order for the Newnan Hospital Redevelopment project in the amount of $4,847,698. The change order includes a wet pipe fire protection system, plumbing system, heating/ventilation/air conditioning system, electrical system, and part of the pro-rated construction management and general conditions. This change is part of the $15 million project budget.
Other business will include:
• Council will vote on a resolution to change and cancel scheduled city council meetings for the 2014 calendar year.
• Council will vote on performance agreement between city and performers for 2014 Charles Wadsworth Concert.
• Council will continue discussing recommendations for Farmer’s Market downtown.
• Council will hold public hearing for rezoning request for intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, East Newnan Road, and Turkey Creek Road from Urban Residential Single Family Dwelling District to Suburban Neighborhood Commercial.
• The council will hold public hearings for 4 Dewey St. with a resolution to repair or demolish, and 16 Boone Dr. for a repair permit issue/unsafe conditions corrected.
• The council will continue its discussion at the 125 LaGrange St. property.
• The council will hear a request from Margaret Russo from 495 Productions to film a portion of an MTV show around the square on Dec. 18 and 19.