Newnan annexation, new ambulance on agenda
by Sarah Fay Campbell
It's a fairly light agenda for Tuesday night's meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. and is held in the county commission chambers on Perry Street.
The commissioners will be informed of the city of Newnan's request to annex 4.446 acres located at the intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Turkey Creek Road and East Newnan road.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Purchase of a new ambulance for Coweta EMS.
• A request to increase the room and board fees at the work release center at the Coweta County Prison.
• A request for vested development rights for the Moreland Oaks subdivision. This request was on the agenda for the Oct. 15 meeting but was delayed on the request of Commissioner Tim Lassetter.
• Amendments to the defined benefit retirement plan.
• Approval of the sheriff's equitable sharing agreement.
• A bid award for design/build culvert replacement projects.