Coweta Commissioners to discuss affects of federal government shutdown
by Sarah Fay Campbell
A briefing on how the partial federal government shutdown is affecting Coweta County's senior citizen services and the Coweta Transit System is on the agenda for Tuesday's meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. in the county commission chambers on Perry Street.
The commissioners will also be getting an update on the Poplar Road interchange project and the Southeastern Bypass Extension project.
Other items on the agenda include:
• A public hearing on the special events permit application filed by Jason Lee for property at 360 Palmetto Tyrone Road.
• Approval of documents related to the installation of LED light fixtures at the Coweta County Fairgrounds.
• A request for approval of a policy that would allow administrative decisions on variances for alternative septic systems. The requests currently have to come before the commissioners.
• A request to purchase 700MHz radios for use by county administration staff and the Georgia Forestry Coweta unit.
• A revision to the contract with the Three Rivers Regional Commission/Southern Crescent Area Agency on Aging.
• Recommendations regarding the group health plan renewal for plan year 2013 and the approval of the group life insurance carrier.
• A request for vested development rights regarding Moreland Oaks.