Coweta County Commission
Public hearing on 2014 budget tonight
by Sarah Fay Campbell
A public hearing on Coweta County's Fiscal Year 2014 budget is on the agenda for tonight's meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. in the county commission chambers on Perry Street, above the Coweta Tax Assessor's office. The meeting was moved from Tuesday because of the Labor Day holiday.
The proposed budget predicts revenues of $62,341,885, general fund expenditures of $62,154,487 and personnel additions of $187,398.
The budget calls for capital fund expenditures of $2,611,038, which includes $1,449,760 from the county's 'fund balance.'
Coweta County's fiscal year runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Discussion of the speed limit on Herring Road. There have been numerous requests to evaluate the speed limit on the road that runs through Shenandoah Industrial Park, and the Coweta County Sheriff's Office conducted a speed study.
• Proclamations declaring Constitution Week and Patriot Day in Coweta County.
• Presentation of the annual report from the Coweta County Forestry Unit.
• A public hearing for a new consumption beer and wine license filed by Russell Lowery for HJ Wings and Things, 20 F Thomas Grace Annex.
• Action on a conditional use permit request for the temporary placement of an RV on property in the Quig's Farm subdivision.
• Approval of road closures of Crook Road and McIntosh Trail for Stalwart Films. This is the production company that does filming for AMC TV's 'The Walking Dead.'
• Adoption of the Capital Improvements Element and Short Term Work Program.
• Approval of an intergovernmental agreement with the city of Grantville for building inspection services. • Purchase of portable radios for use by the coroner and Coweta EMS. • Approval of permanent easements with Georgia Power for properties associated with the outdoor warning sirens project.