Coweta Board of Commissioners
Hearing tonight on events facility
by Sarah Fay Campbell
A public hearing on the special use permit for Vinewood Events on Roscoe Road is on the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. and is held in the county commission chambers on Perry Street.
The property owners, George L. Raines III and Jamie Elliott McPherson, are seeking a special use permit to allow the property at 1324 Roscoe Road to be used as a special events facility, under the county’s special events ordinance.
The county’s planning department is recommending approval.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Execution of an agreement with the Board of Regents and the University of West Georgia regarding relocation of the UWG Newnan Center campus.
• A public hearing on the rezoning application for property located at the northwest corner of Poplar Road and Newnan Bypass East. The request is to rezone 3.8 acres from Rural Conservation to C-3 Commercial Retail and 11.4 acres from RC to Office Institutional.
• Consideration of the future appointment of a county administrator upon the retirement of County Administrator Theron Gay.
• Presentation of the 2012 audited financial statements.
• A request from the city of Newnan proposing annexation of 4.9 acres located at 40 Parkway North and 779 Bullsboro Drive.
• Approval of the agreement associated with the Haynie Road project property swap.