Coweta Board of Commissioners
Commission asked to reject bids on vehicle propane
by Sarah Fay Campbell
A request to reject all bids for propane “auto gas” is on the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. in the county commission chambers on Perry Street.
The county is planning a pilot program to outfit several county vehicles to run on propane. The primary driver of the project is cost savings, but there are also environmental benefits.
One vendor recently gave a presentation to the commissioners about propane as auto gas and the services, including conversion, the company offers.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Approval of an ordinance prohibiting damaging, tampering and interfering with county electrical systems.
• A request for approval to submit a grant for the Accountability Court Funding Program.
• A proclamation honoring the Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce.
• A contract for biological and habitat monitoring services.
• Renewal of worker’s compensation insurance coverage and third party administration.
• Purchase of maintenance lift equipment for the Coweta County Fire Department.