Hospital Authority making donation to WGTC

By ALEX MCRAE
alex@newnan.com
Coweta County Hospital Authority Wednesday approved a $100,000 donation to the nursing program at West Georgia Technical College.
The donation is specifically earmarked for use at the new West Georgia Tech Coweta Campus under construction on Turkey Creek Road south of Newnan.
Once authority Chairman Mark Brown finalizes details of the transaction with college officials, a formal ceremony will be held to mark the occasion.
In other business, the audit for the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, 2012, was presented. The audit, prepared by Windham Brannon of Atlanta, gave a “clean” report to the authority, meaning all accounting methods were followed and financial requirements were met and no problems were found with the authority’s finances.
Wednesday’s meeting was held in the conference room of the Sam Brown Medical Building at 137 Jackson Street, Newnan. The building is home to the Coweta Samaritan Clinic.


More Local

Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The alt ... Read More


Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. The ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan-C ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More