Five finalists in running to replace Sethna at West GeorgiaFrom STAFF REPORTS
The University of West Georgia presidential search committee has narrowed its list to five candidates who are visiting the Carrollton campus over the next two weeks.
Current UWG President Dr. Beheruz N. Sethna recently announced his plans to retire.
The candidates are:
• Dr. Kyle Marrero, vice president for University Advancement, University of West Florida, Pensacola, Fla. He made a UWG campus visit Monday.
• Dr. John Crafton, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs, Clayton State University, Morrow, Ga. He will be visiting the campus Thursday.
• Dr. Michael Lane, president at Emporia State University, Emporia, Kan. He will be visiting Friday.
• Dr. James Berry, executive vice president and provost, University of Dallas, Irving, Texas. He visits Feb. 28.
• Dr. Charles Patterson, vice president for Research & Economic Development, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Ga. He visits March 1.
The public is also invited to meet with the candidates during any of the open meetings listed in the itinerary, according to university representatives. A procedure for feedback is established so that every voice will be heard, committee members said.
Each candidate’s visit includes a full itinerary starting with breakfast with the UWG deans.
For a more detailed itinerary or for more information on each candidate, visit the presidential search website at http://www.westga.edu/presidentialsearch/index.php .