Senoia to sell water tank

By ALEX MCRAE
alex@newnan.com
The mayor and city council of Senoia, in a called meeting Thursday, adopted a resolution authorizing the sale of a surplus water tank.
According to minutes of the public meeting, City Administrator Richard Ferry stated that the water tank sits at 68 Main Street on 0.75 of an acre and the goal of Resolution No. 13-01 is to place the surplus tank out to bid for sale to the highest bidder with two conditions.
The first condition is that the existing tank cannot be relocated or moved.
The second condition is that the overall appearance of the tank should remain substantially unaltered.
Mayor Robert Belisle requested that a condition be added stating that if the tank is transferred or sold to a third party the same conditions shall apply and go with the title.
Belisle then made a motion to approve Resolution No. 13-01, which directs advertisement for the receipt of sealed bids for the sale of the water tank located at 68 Main Street with the conditions stated and amended. The motion carried unanimously.


More Local

Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The alt ... Read More


Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. The ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan-C ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More