City of Senoia to purchase books for library branchBy ALEX MCRAE
The City of Senoia voted to purchase additional books for the Coweta County Library System’s Senoia branch library at Tuesday’s meeting of the mayor and city council.
The book purchase, totaling $22,097.38, was already earmarked for that purpose in earlier allocations of Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax funds.
• Two new police radios were approved for purchase at a cost of $3118.60 each, including antennae and other auxiliary equipment necessary to make the units operable. The radios, which will be used in Senoia police cars, are part of a continuing program of maintenance and replacement of police department vehicles and equipment.
• The mayor and council passed a motion providing that qualifying for municipal office would take place from Aug. 26 until Aug. 28, a Monday through Wednesday, from 8:30 until 4:30 p.m.
• Approved was a new sign for the Senoia Area Historical Society and Museum. The 2-by-2-foot-square sign will sit on a 4-by-4-inch pole at the intersection of Couch and Main streets.
• Signs advertising soccer registration for the Peachtree City Soccer organization were approved for limited time use at locations to be specified after consultation between the soccer group and city officials.
• Senoia resident Don Rehman asked that the council investigate the feasibility of providing a hard copy of city regulations and ordinances to the Senoia library branch. That request will be discussed with officials of the Coweta County Public Library System.