Dec. 14 is deadline for Christmas photo contestBy W. WINSTON SKINNER
Local shutterbugs have until Dec. 14 to enter photos in The Newnan Times-Herald’s 2012 Christmas photo contest.
Winning photographs will be published in newspaper on Sunday, Dec. 23. Prizes will be given for winning photos — $100, first; $50, second; $25, third. Contest rules are:
2. If the photograph includes people, it is preferred that small groups — three or less — are in the picture. The people in the photographs must be identified.
3. Your photographs from the current holiday season are preferred. Photographs from the 2011 Christmas season are acceptable. Older photographs are not.
4. Entries must depict scenes in Coweta County or Coweta County residents.
5. Photographs submitted should be color or black-and-white prints made from a 35 millimeter negative; or if a digital camera is used they must be of good quality and a printout must be submitted for visual judging. In addition to the printed version of a digital picture, the image should either be included on a disk or the original unretouched “jpeg” e-mailed to email@example.com and marked “Christmas contest.” Photographs cannot be returned, so be sure to bring a duplicate. No instant-type photos will be accepted.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per household.
7. The first place winner will be asked to serve as a judge for the next year’s contest and will not be eligible to compete in that contest. Last year’s first place winner is not eligible to enter this year’s contest. Entries may be left at The Newnan Times-Herald office at 16 Jefferson Street in downtown Newnan through Dec. 14 at noon or left at the front desk at Canongate Elementary School in north Coweta through noon on Dec. 13.