West Georgia Technical College: 'Massive progress' made at Coweta campus

alt

Afternoon sunlight reflects the glassed-in portions of the state-financed classroom building under construction at the new WGTC Coweta Campus, set to open in fall of 2013.

By REBECCA LEFTWICH
rebecca@newnan.com
Supporters of West Georgia Technical College’s stand-alone Coweta site are seeing their efforts come to fruition as construction of the campus’ first two buildings is well under way, headed toward a Sept. 20, 2013, opening.
To read this story in full content, you must either be a Print or Digital Edition Subscriber. Click on the following link to the digital edition log-in page, newnantimesherald.ga.newsmemory.com/?date=20121021 . 
Current subscribers should log-in to access this story. If you are a print subscriber and do not have a log-in, please create an account. Non-subscribers must create an account after clicking on the digital edition link and choose a subscription or single-issue option to access this story.


More Local

Altered EC photo sent to Chive website

This week an altered picture of East Coweta High School’s Internet homepage was posted to the international website The Chive. The alt ... Read More


Taste of Newnan to return Oct. 2

Main Street Newnan’s Taste of Newnan returns for its fall portion Thursday, Oct. 2 on the Court Square downtown. There will be tables ... Read More


CCMSAL Volleyball

Lee Middle will play in final game of tourney

The Coweta County School System finished its investigation into the allegations surrounding the Coweta County Middle School Athletic League ... Read More


Articulation Agreement

WGTC, LaGrange College sign on dotted line

West Georgia Technical College and LaGrange College have signed an articulation agreement for both institutions’ nursing programs. The ... Read More


Grantville candidate event 6 p.m. tonight

Grantville residents will have a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council at an event tonight. Also, on Oct. 9, the Newnan-C ... Read More

Hotel resident injured in grease fire

A woman’s hands were burned Wednesday morning after a grease fire started in her hotel room, but the room’s sprinkler system ext ... Read More