County to take final action to allow Sunday alcohol salesBy SARAH FAY CAMPBELL
Changes to Coweta County’s alcohol ordinance are on the agenda for Tuesday’s meeting of the Coweta County Board of Commissioners.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. and will be held in the county commission chambers on Perry Street.
The amendments to the ordinance will allow Sunday sales of alcohol, which was approved Tuesday by Coweta County voters.
Voters approved both Sunday package sales in stores and drink sales in restaurants.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Award of contracts and execution of liens regarding cleanup of properties at 10 Hearthstone Drive and 370 Widgeon Drive.
• Approval/execution of the Nation Incident Management System resolution.
• Designation of dog control officers.
• Requests from Stalwart Films for road closures associated with filming of episodes of AMC television’s hit series “The Walking Dead.”
• An appointment to the Emergency Medical Service Council.
• Setting a public hearing for Aug. 21 regarding the 2012 millage rate.