Easter Eggs: Thousands will be hidden and hunted on Saturday
By W. WINSTON SKINNER
Easter eggs by the thousands will be hidden — and hunted — across Coweta County Saturday.
Some Easter egg hunts were held in Coweta County last Saturday, but plenty more are on the calendar for this Saturday. A few churches will be holding egg hunts on Easter Sunday — a date when families throughout the area will gather to celebrate Christendom’s holiest day with festive meals and a time to enjoy youngsters foraging for brightly-colored eggs, Easter candy and other prizes.
Attendees will be able to “meet the Easter bunny,” and Berry said there will be lots of “fun for the family,” including a bounce house, face painting, crafts and live music.
“This event is free. Bring your own lunch or purchase a Chick-fil-A sandwich, chips and drink,” Berry said. The lunches will be available for cash only.
“Sno-cones will be available for purchase as well,” Berry said. “Bring your Easter basket for gathering eggs and a blanket for the picnic.”
First Baptist Church in Moreland will hold its annual egg hunt on Saturday at 11 a.m. Youngsters from birth through fourth grade are invited, and the church’s sign shares that more than 7,000 eggs will be hidden.
Michele Stubblefield said One Life Community Church will be sponsoring an egg hunt at the Coweta County Fairgrounds on Saturday from 11 a.m-1 p.m. There will be prizes, games and a bouncy house.
Stubblefield said One Life’s event will offer “lots of fun” that will be “free for all.”
The Great Sharpsburg Baptist Egg Hunt and Pet Show will start at Sharpsburg Baptist at 2 p.m. Saturday. Children through fifth grade “are invited to gather candy ï¬lled easter eggs,” said Angela Tinsley.
“In addition, there will be a pet show to include prizes for best dressed, best behaved, best trained, largest and smallest,” Tinsley said. The New Hope Clowns will add to the festive event, and Tinsley said there will be “plenty of refreshments.”
Egg hunts scheduled for April 7 include:
• Egg Hunt, Pavilion 3, Carl Miller Park, 10 a.m. Sponsor: First Baptist Church.
• Community Wide Easter Egg Hunt/ Festival, Macedonia Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-noon. Hotdog lunch.
• Eggstravaganza, Ramah First Baptist Church, Palmetto, 10 a.m.-noon. Birth-fifth grade. Hunt with prize eggs, Resurrection story, crafts.
• Egg Hunt, Newnan Lodge 299, 170 Spring St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Egg Hunt, Coweta County Fairgrounds, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Prizes, games, bounce house. Sponsor: One Life Community Church.
• Egg Hunt, First Baptist Church, Moreland, 11 a.m. Birth-fourth grade.
• Easter Egg Eggstravaganza, First Christian Church, Tyrone, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Egg Hunt, Allen-Lee Memorial United Methodist Church, Lone Oak, 11 a.m. Hotdog lunch to follow.
• Community Easter Egg Hunt/Picnic, First Avenue Park, 11:30 a.m. Sponsor: Ecclesia Church.
• Community Fun Day, Elim Baptist Church, Handy Road, noon-3 p.m. Hotdogs, games, Easter eggs to decorate, jump slide, egg hunt.
• Easter Carnival, McIntosh Reserve Park, Whitesburg, noon-3 p.m. Egg hunt, 2 p.m. Easter Bunny, face painting, inflatable bounders, kiddie rain ride, food, music. Parking, $5.
• Egg Hunt, Sunnyside Baptist Church, 1-3 p.m.
• Great Sharpsburg Baptist Egg Hunt/ Pet Show, Sharpsburg Baptist Church, 2 p.m. Ages 0-5.
• Egg Hunt, Senoia United Methodist Church, 2 p.m. Pre-kindergarten-fifth grade.
• Egg Hunt, Freeman Memorial United Methodist Church, East Newnan, 2:30 p.m.
• Egg Hunt, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 3-5 p.m. Infant-fifth grade. Games/ crafts to follow.
• Egg Hunt, Providence Baptist Church, Providence Church Road, 3 p.m.
There also are hunts set for Easter Sunday, April 8, including:
• Egg Hunt, Resurrection Lutheran Church, 9:45 a.m.
• Egg Hunt, St. Paul Episcopal Church, 9:45 a.m. Ages 8 and under. Gather at outdoor altar.
• Egg Hunt, Providence Baptist Church, Summers-McKoy Road, following 11 a.m. Easter program.
• Easter Egg Roll, Little White House, Warm Springs, 1 p.m. Egg roll. Age-level egg hunts. Admission, $8-$12. Information/reservations, 706-655-5870.