Hawks take literary competition by storm
In February, sixteen students from The Heritage School competed at the Region AAA Literary Competition and was named the overall Region AAA Champion.
The competition combines music, dramatic performance, oratory and writing events and students compete both individually and as a team. In the fourteen categories, Heritage students took first place in seven events including: Girls’ Solo, Trio, Humorous Interpretation, Duo Interpretation, Rhetorical Essay, Personal Essay and International Extemporaneous Speaking.
Heritage students also took second in Dramatic Interpretation and Quartet.
The 2014 Hawks Literary Team finished at the Region competition as follows:
• Personal Essay - First Place - N. Bunch
• Rhetorical Essay - First Place - A. Farr
• Humorous Interpretation - First Place - V. Reddy
• Duo Interpretation - First Place - D. Barber and W. Newman
• International Extemporaneous Speaking - First Place - H. Robinson
• Girls' Solo - First Place - I. Gutierrez
• Girls' Trio - First Place - I. Gutierrez, C. Couvillion, A. Alexander
• Boys' Quartet - Second Place - J. Tiernan, M. Wilkins, B. Vandersluis, W. Newman
• Dramatic Interpretation - Second Place - G. Gilbert
• Spelling - Score Contributor - T. Sawyers
• Argumentative Essay - Score Contributor - T. Gruber
• Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking - Score Contributor - M. Harmon
• Boys' Solo - Score Contributor - B. Vandersluis
All first and second place winners from The Heritage School will compete at the State
AAA Literary Competition at Valdosta State University on March 18, 2014.