Student photos eligible for cash prizesBy W. WINSTON SKINNER
Area students who are handy with a camera have the opportunity to win some cash with their Christmas images.
The Newnan Times-Herald is sponsoring its annual Christmas Photo Contest. The contest is open to all ages, and several of the prize-winning photographs in the past have been taken by students.
1. The photograph must have been taken by the person submitting it. No copyrighted photographs can be used.
2. If the photograph includes people, it is preferred that small groups — three or less — are in the picture. The people in the photographs must be identified.
3. Your photographs from the current holiday season are preferred. Photographs from the 2011 Christmas season are acceptable. Older photographs are not.
4. Entries must depict scenes in Coweta County or Coweta County residents.
5. Photographs submitted should be color or black-and-white prints made from a 35 millimeter negative; or if a digital camera is used they must be of good quality and a printout must be submitted for visual judging.
In addition to the printed version of a digital picture, the image should either be included on a disk or the original unretouched “jpeg” e-mailed to email@example.com and marked “Christmas contest.” Photographs cannot be returned, so be sure to bring a duplicate. No instant-type photos will be accepted.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per household.
7. The first place winner will be asked to serve as a judge for the next year’s contest and will not be eligible to compete in that contest.
Last year’s first place winner is not eligible to enter this year’s contest
Entries may be left at The Newnan Times-Herald through Dec. 14 at noon or left at the front desk at Canongate Elementary School through noon on Dec. 13.